Sex as a Safe Adventure with Zoya Simakhodskaya and Mike Moran
21 March 7:00 am - 23 March 12:00 pm AESTA$310.00 – A$550.00
Do your clients in relationships present with complaints of sexual issues, such as:
- Discrepancies in desire
- Boredom in the bedroom
- Discovery of out of control sexual behaviors
- Arousal or orgasmic problems
- Sexual challenges after having children
- Trouble after infidelity or in the wake of trauma
From the perspective of Emotionally Focused Therapy, such complaints are often part of an underlying lack of security and bond in the relationship caused by the negative cycle between partners. At times, as the partners de-escalate and become more secure, sexual issues remain unresolved. Yet, many EFT therapists lack sex assessment and intervention knowledge and skills.
This workshop is designed to give you a strong foundation where sexual issues are the presenting problem in relationship therapy. An introduction to up-to-date research on current models of sexuality will be presented. You will learn how to assess both the negative relational cycle and the sexual cycle so you can skillfully work using EFT interventions with both cycles to help your clients move to de-escalation. This workshop will also address how to integrate psycho-education and simple behavioral sex therapy interventions as partners move into Stage 2 while simultaneously building a secure bond through increased vulnerability. We will also address sexual concerns in non-traditional relationships (ethical non-monogamy, kink, diverse sexual expressions). This workshop will include a lecture, video examples, and experiential exercises.
Times in Australia (QLD AEST) and New Zealand
Dates: 21 March, 22 March, 23 March 2024
Time (Brisbane, QLD AEST): 7.00am – 12.00pm
Time (NZ): 10.00am – 3.00pm
Times in New York USA
Dates: 20 March, 21 March, 22 March 2024
Times: 4.00pm – 9.00pm
Registration Fees for Australian residents (in AUD incl. GST)
- Australian resident Early Bird until 1 March 2024 – $450
- Australian resident full fee from 2 March 2024 – $550
- Full time Australian resident student – $350
Registration Fees for international participants (in AUD excl. GST)
- International Early Bird until 1 March 2024 – $410
- International full fee from 2 March 2024 – $510
- Full time international student – $310
- Minimum number of participants required: 20
- A certificate of completion will be emailed to clients after the event
- The zoom link will be emailed to participants 2 days prior to the event
- The event will not be recorded due to privacy and confidentiality
About Your Facilitators
Zoya Simakhodskaya, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist and certified EFT Therapist, Supervisor, and Trainer. She is a founding member and Executive Director on the Board of Directors of NYCEFT. Zoya is also a Founder and Director of the Center for Psychological and Interpersonal Development, dedicated to high-quality individual and relationship therapy and EFT training. Zoya has a full-time practice in Chelsea, NY, with adults, couples, and families, specializing in cross-cultural and bilingual populations. In addition to her psychotherapy practice, Zoya has many years of experience providing crisis intervention in a psychiatric emergency service. She continues as a voluntary faculty member at NYU School of Medicine and CUNY Graduate Center. Zoya enjoys helping therapists learn EFT and teaches nationally and internationally, now bringing EFT to Russia and Ukraine. She is particularly interested in helping clients with issues of sexuality in relationships.
Michael Moran, LCSW, CST-S is a Certified EFT Couples Therapist & Supervisor and AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor based in New York, NY. He is the Founder and Director of The Center for Relational Fulfillment where he specializes at the intersection of relational and sexual challenges. Additionally, he is Sr. Faculty in the Sex Therapy division at The Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy (ICP), has taught graduate courses in Marriage and Family therapy as well as LGBTQ+ clinical practice at Rutgers University and has been featured on Esther Perel’s “Sessions” platform on the integration of EFT and sex therapy. He is currently a PhD candidate in Clinical Sexology at Modern Sex Therapy Institutes where he is focusing his research on the utility of EFT and EFIT to address sexual shame in the uniquely-bodied. Mike presents nationally and internationally training therapists to effectively address sexual issues in EFT couples therapy and loves helping couples remove the barriers to creating authentic, passionate connection, both emotionally and erotically. His website is www.fulfilledcouples.com.
Payments & Cancellation Policy for Sex as a Safe Adventure with Zoya Simakhodskaya and Mike Moran
- Payment is to be made in full at the time of registration.
- Cancellation requests must be received in written form via email@example.com.
- For cancellations, the following applies: (a) more than 30 days prior to start date, the registration fee is refunded, less $50 cancellation fee; (b) inside 30 days, 50% of the registration fee is refunded; (c) within 7 days, there is no refund.
- In the case of medical or family emergency, registration may be transferred to another course or delegate (in consultation with EFTTA, transfer fees may be applicable).
- In the unlikely event that this is cancelled due to a lack of participants or to unforeseen circumstances your registration fee will be refunded in full.
- No shows are not refundable.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Members can accrue Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours by participating in CPD activities that they determine to be relevant to their individual professional skills learning plans and goals. These may be self-initiated. Please check with your Affiliation/Membership body for more information.
Note: Choose a ticket from the options below. We use PayPal for all online payments. If you are claiming the student registration fee, please ensure you have credentials to verify your enrolment status. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ticketing queries or issues with online payments for our training events.
To purchase your ticket, click the + button next to O below and then click Get Tickets.